Top 10 FREE SEO Tools
Top 10 FREE SEO Tools Top 10 FREE SEO Tools Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a process that makes our…
With all Covid-19, here we are in 2022. Be it the time before covid-19, during covid or after covid, the one thing that did not change is Social Media Marketing. Being a Digital Marketing Professional I personally believe that the pandemic brings new opportunities and new sources for businesses to market themselves. A good example is TIKTOK, yes it was here before pandemic but take a rise during Covid because a child of the age of 3 or grandparents of the age of 85, all were using this platform to entertain themselves, learn new things like quick recipe or increase communication skills, taking product reviews.
And as Tiktok started growing more platforms like Instagram Reels took place that gave people leverage the platform in a new way. And what a business needs, an audience, a target audience and a platform where they can find their audience and can showcase their offerings, right! And when we all started working from the office, we were still using all these social media platforms because now we know that social media platforms are not only about sharing photos and wishing birthdays and anniversaries.
As per a survey, “Each person spends an average of 2 hours and 25 minutes on social networks and messaging. (GlobalWebIndex)”
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, Linkedin, Reddit, Quora, Discord, Clubhouse and more. A number of social media platforms are out there where we can make people aware about our business, but the problem is how and where. Do we have to be on each platform or do we need to create all types of content? No, it depends on your industry.
“ One statistics shows that 45% of organizations don’t have a clearly defined digital marketing strategy.” Source: Smart Insights, 2020
By helping people in solving their problems, you can bring trust in them that you are an expert in such a field. This is how you build community and generate some quality leads.Though, there are some subreddits like forhire, where people submit their requirements, you can leverage them by commenting on their posts or messaging them, but remember these kind of subreddits has some policies like how old your account is and how often you use reddit and how many past activities have you done(which they call KARMA). And it is also one of my favorite platforms, as you won’t see unnecessary links on the platform as they have strict guidelines about it. So, if you have patience and you are a subject matter expert, you should consider reddit.
6. Instagram Business Account: The Organic reach of Instagram is a little better than Facebook and earlier as we discussed about Instagram Reels, you should use all the available options. As it is an app and quite easy to use and all fashionista, Nano to Mega influencers are present, and honestly, every business should be on Instagram. Photos, Reels, Stories, IGTV, Live all the available options can help you in growing your business. No matter, if you are into astrology or computer science, you will get all kinds of audience here. Just remember one thing, users don’t go to Instagram to see sales ads. They either come to have entertainment or some knowledge. So, try to use these two types of content; knowledge and funny to attract an audience. One more thing, which is the best about Instagram, its power of Influencer Marketing and Meme Marketing. Don’t forget to try these two things.
7. LinkedIn for B2B Business: So, the most sophisticated platform, right? Where companies share their achievements and their office culture. People are sharing happy news like they have joined XYZ company and HR has helped him a lot. LinkedIn is the best platform to create a personal or company brand. A platform, which has the highest organic reach .The best way to promote yourself or your company on Social Media is to share stories, your success journey, failure journey, timeline, comment to brands posts, grow your network, talk to them on message, give your views on posts, and share knowledgeable content. Be active everyday, help people get jobs, and ask for help. This is the real way to grow on LinkedIn. Advertisements on LinkedIn are quite expensive. On average, though, the cost of LinkedIn ads is $5.26 per click, $6.59 per 1000 impressions, and $0.80 per send, but it does give a good ROI if you keep taking follow-ups and if you have a good budget.
8. Discord: Just like twitter, Discord is not for everyone. It is quite critical to use.In discord you can create servers (room) that allows you to have voice and text chat with members. If you have a specific community with which you want to promote your business and create brand awareness, you can have a private server as well where you can allow members to join via an invitation only. It is good for service based companies like developers.
9. Snapchat for Youngsters: A platform founded in 2011 has become the favorite of many. With its features of auto delete messages once someone reads that and providing multiple flyers that people can enjoy, Snapchat is popular among millennials and Generation Z. Fashion, so if your target audience is young and under 34 you can use snapchat as one of the social media platforms for promoting your business. Creating funny content, stickers can help you reach your target audience. They also have paid ad platforms where you can create 10 second content for users. You get the options to serve your ads on category basis like Audience, Activity and third party network. ANd can select interests like rock fan music and new watchers.
10. Pinterest for ecommerce: Pinterest is more beneficial for those who are into ecommerce. On Pinterest, you share content on Pinterest boards. Boards save all of your Pins and distribute your content for your followers to explore. You can have as many boards as you want, and they can be organized into themes, ideas, plans, or types of inspiration to make it easy for your audience to find the content they’re looking for. By creating a business account (Which is free), you can access the analytics and run ads. The best thing about pinterest is that it allows you to have a link to your website or where you want your users to land on.
11. YouTube: So, YouTube is not just only a video platform, it is a search engine, not the second largest search engine with 300 billion searches per month. Every business should have on YouTube, you can create videos to entertain, to share knowledge, to create brand awareness about your business, share work culture of your organization and many more. Its paid ad platform also has a significant importance. So, if you still don’t have a YouTube channel, go and create one.
So, these were the top 11 Social Media platforms which can be used to promote your business.In the world of Metaverse, Web 3.0 and third party Cookieless world Social Media will take new heights. So, take the advantages of these platforms as per your business needs. Remember not every business has to be on each social media platform. If you need any suggestions, feel free to comment.